Direct Med Australia will take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of any information you provide to us. We will take all reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
We regularly revise and update our security measures to keep your information private and meet industry standards and your personal information is stored on computer systems which are protected by a combination of firewalls, secure logon processes, encryption and intrusion monitoring technologies.
Direct Med Australia partners with Cloudflare to protect our site from threats, malicious attacks, privacy intrusions. Additionally when you make a purchase via bank transfer, Paypal or credit card (Visa, MasterCard etc) , you are directed to a secured link with ‘https’ encryption. HTTPS secure millions of transactions done online in Australia (banking, ebay, shares etc) every day.
Protect your information
It’s still very important that you take some steps to help keep up security when you’re online:
- Protect your personal information, such as usernames, passwords and policy details, by not allowing anyone to see you entering them, and avoid public wi-fi usage
- Notify us as soon as possible if you become aware of any security breaches
- Use a strong password for your account. Try to think of something that is easy to remember, but hard to guess, such as a passphrase
- Change your password regularly and try not to reuse the same password on more than one site
- Don’t let your browser save your password for our websites
- Be wary of websites, emails or phone calls that claim to be from us
- Keep an eye on your accounts and check for any unauthorised transactions
- Keep your devices up to date with firewall
If you have any questions – Contact Us
The DMA Team